Email marketing is great. We all rely on it in some way or another, either as the provider of the email content, or the recipient.
And while email marketing is as old as the hills, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. We've no doubt only the smartest businesses will be improving and refining their email newsletter endeavours as time moves on.
However, being informed as to the actual email habits of the customers you want to do business with via your newsletter is, obviously, important.
A recent report into customer email behaviour came to these conclusions:
- Email users depend on mobile email. 70% of email users check email on their mobile device.
- Mobile users have multiple accounts. 42% of people who check email on mobile devices have 2 accounts. 22% have more than 3 accounts, and 8% have more than 4 email accounts.
- Android wins out for mobile email users. For the 72% of people who check email on mobile devices, 48% use Android as their main mobile platform. 38% use iOS.
- Mobile platform varies by age. For mobile email users 19 years old and younger, 49% use iOS and 44% use Android. But for those age 35-44, 28% use iOS and 57% use Android.
- Mobile users want to be notified instantly. 67% of email users want to know about new messages the moment they hit their mobile Inbox, so they turn on push notifications.
Tell us what steps you're taking to get the most out of your email marketing. And SHARE this with your friends via your favourite social networks.